Mr. Jackson is the founder and President of Blue Dolphin Design and Engineering, Inc. an engineering firm whose mission for the past 16 years has been to provide high quality, high value and innovative concept designs, product development, analysis and prototyping to all entrepreneurs and inventors whether they are individuals or large corporations. A graduate of the Mechanical Engineering School of California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, Mark was involved in Cal Poly’s first Human Powered Vehicle Team tasked with creating the world’s fastest vehicle powered only by human power.
He has often said “Every day we are one idea away from changing the world”. His belief in this concept led him to start Blue Dolphin.
- Recipient of the 2012 business / education COMPACT award he is an advisor to several organizations on the subjects of engineering and innovation including:
- Founders Circle Member of the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo.
- California State University at Fresno School of Agriculture Industrial Technology Department Advisor
- California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo Mechanical Engineer Department Mentor
- San Joaquin Valley College Technology Advisory Board Fresno City College Applied Technology Advisor
- Madera High School Engineering Pathway Advisor
Throughout his career Mr. Jackson has gravitated towards the new and creating the state of the art. Prior to starting Blue Dolphin, Mr. Jackson spent 17 years in various capacities as an engineer and manager in different industries including:
- Abex Aerospace Division where Mark developed Hydraulic Axial Piston Pumps and Actuators for the Space Shuttle, the Stealth bomber and Boeing aircraft.
- Sunrise Medical (Quickie) where he designed the industry’s first Titanium Alpha Alloy wheelchair and the world’s first Composite wheelchair.
- Keiser Sports where he designed one of the world’s bestselling Aerobic Fitness bikes, the Power Pacer.
His innovative thinking has led to several patents and many new innovative products including:
- EMSled Tactical’s Chameleon – patented design and winner of the 2010 EMS World Expo Innovation of the year Sunrise Medical’s Pulse – patented suspension for the Pulse power wheelchair
- Raindrip – Simple drip products – the original Clamp and Pierce system and the In-line Hose Thread Filter / Regulator
- McLellan Industries – control by wire Roll/Pitch/Yaw Hydraulic Manipulator for Mill Liner Handlers
- Light Racing / U.S. Air Force – Innovative developments for the Joint All-terrain Modular Mobility Asset (JAMMA). All-terrain vehicle designed as a payload for the V-22.
Mark currently resides in Fresno, California with his wife Tammy and is the father of two wonderful daughters Kirstine and Emily and his stepson Thomas. In his spare time he is an avid competitor in triathlons and you might find him occasionally playing trumpet with his jazz combo at a local eatery. He believes in giving back to the community and spends many hours every year volunteering for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in the fight against blood related cancers.